I'm leaning toward going with gplv3 but...

Aaron Aichlmayr waterfoul at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 01:56:46 UTC 2009

I'm thinking of going with gplv3 but I have a few questions first that I
don't care that I get "no warantee" answers as they approach the legal
side. First I wanted to have an extension system where the extension
devs are encouraged to share but are allowed to keep their extensions in
house as long as they did not edit the original code. Second I wanted to
allow people to have paid services for hosting this framework but any
users are welcome to download a copy of the source themselves. Would the
gpl allow these or should I go with the lgpl