Hesk copyright removal license

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Sep 17 16:15:49 UTC 2008

Ben Tilly writes:
 > I am not a lawyer, but my understanding is that not making his
 > indemnification ALL CAPS means that he might not be protected in
 > the event of a lawsuit.

Not "not protected" but instead, the plaintiff's lawyer could claim
that an injured party didn't notice the lack of warranty in the
license because it wasn't obvious enough.  The defending lawyer could
say "You paid nothing for this software.  No reasonable man would
expect a warranty.  Yet you continued to use the software anyway."

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software