The Rails Wheels licencing system and Open Source

Ben Tilly btilly at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 22:51:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:23 PM, David Woolley
> <forums at david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:
>> Michael Tiemann wrote:
>>>
>>> Source are fully and freely available, and include such rights as are
>>
>> I failed to find them when I looked for them about 6 months ago and got the
>> distinct impression that the aim was to make it deliberately difficult to
>> get at them.
>
> google 'rhel source rpms', third hit?

"Never put down to malice what can be ascribed to incompetence."

Speaking of which, when is Red Hat going to fix the horrible Perl
slowdown that the main Perl developers are annoyed at?  See
http://use.perl.org/~nicholas/journal/37274 for details.  That is not
exactly good publicity for Red Hat within the Perl community...

Cheers,
Ben