Public domain software is not open-source?

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Mar 3 17:02:21 UTC 2008

Nigel Tzeng wrote:

Public Domain software, when the source code is available, meets all of the
OSD requirements but it isn't under a OSI approved Open Source license since
there is no license.   However, public domain software can be re-used under
an OSD compliant license, so in practice the issue is moot.

That's a nice, clean summary. /Larry

  _____