Use of "open source" in website name

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Jun 12 17:31:11 UTC 2008

Cinly Ooi scripsit:

> > Ethically, nobody should use it in a way that could reasonably be confused
> > with the software term.  There are already such uses: in intelligence
> > work, an "open source" is a source of information that anyone can obtain,
> > like a newspaper.
> >

> Is your example of intelligent work an example of "confusion" or  an example
> of other use of "open source"?

"Other use".  I agree that my wording was confusing.  By "intelligence" I do
indeed mean military or national intelligence.

--
Clear?  Huh!  Why a four-year-old child         John Cowan
could understand this report.  Run out          cowan at ccil.org
and find me a four-year-old child.  I           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
can't make head or tail out of it.
        --Rufus T. Firefly on government reports