GPL, COPYING file

Pimm Hogeling pimmhogeling at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 17:27:14 UTC 2008

Hi Paolo,

On GNU.org you can find a document about using GNU licenses for your
own software: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

As you can read you're basically right, but that same page also states:
For programs that are more than one file, it is better to replace
"this program" with the name of the program, and begin the statement
with a line saying "This file is part of NAME".
An example is also present on that page.

To mention one more thing you said you want to release it under the
GPLv3, but the header you're using states "either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.", which means you'd be
releasing it under the GPLv2 (note that the GPLv2 with the "or any
later version" line is sometimes called GPLv2+).

Regards,

Pimm Hogeling