Past submissions

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Jul 1 09:18:40 UTC 2008

I have some questions about a couple of licenses I ran across during a
license review:

 - The Frontier Artistic License was apparently submitted but not
   approved (no surprise, its the exact same license with a few words
   changed).  However, I didn't find anything about it in the archives.
   Can you rell me whether it was formally rejected, or whether the
   submission was just ignored, or discussed but not forwarded to the
   board?

 - Regarding the above, the author's web page about the license
   (<URL:http://www.spinwardstars.com/frontier/fal.html>) still includes
   the text "Submitted to OpenSource.org for Open Source Initiative
   certification", which I find a bit disingeniuous, especially if it
   was formally rejected.  Perhaps a polite letter from the board would
   be in order.

 - The awful, awful SSLeay license: has it ever been submitted for
   approval?

 - The original SSH license: has it ever been submitted for approval?
   (I assume not)

 - The ITU and IJG licenses: have they ever been submitted for approval?

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no