Convert GPL to MPL

Arnoud Engelfriet arnoud at engelfriet.net
Sat Jan 19 16:28:29 UTC 2008

John Cowan wrote:
> Arnoud Engelfriet scripsit:
> > French law has perpetual moral rights, but e.g. in Germany they expire
> > when the economic rights expire. I don't think England has perpetual
> > moral rights, so legally I'd be in the clear if I omitted Shakespeare's
> > name from my translation.
>
> And the U.S. allows no moral rights in textual works at all.

Which is a gross violation of the principles of the Berne Convention.

(The flipside is that US authors don't get to exercise their moral rights
anywhere in the world.)

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself
              Arnoud blogt nu ook: http://blog.iusmentis.com/