GPL issue at my work place

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jan 18 16:45:00 UTC 2008

Arnoud Engelfriet said on Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 01:10:44PM +0100,:

 > This has already happened: see Harald Welte's activities in Germany
 > against Sitecom, Skype and others.
 >
 > As far as I can tell this has not made European lawyers more (or
 > less) comfortable with open source licenses.

Off topic for this list; but suspect that is because for most European
lawyers, "law" is what is written on the statute book. For lawyers in
some European countries and US of A, (err.. "common law" countries)
"law" means what the judge might think is written in the statute book.

--
 Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/