GPL issue at my work place

James McGovern james at architectbook.com
Fri Jan 18 11:15:21 UTC 2008

The thing that would make most lawyers in corporate America more comfortable
about open source is if someone who violates a license were to sue another
and NOT litigate a deal only to have it not go to court. If open source were
to make it through the US court system where a judge ruled on it, and
lawyers could then make their decisions based on precedence, things would be
a lot better.