DRAFT FAQ: Free vs. Open

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Jan 11 23:49:25 UTC 2008

Russ Nelson scripsit:

> For you, maybe.  Not me.  "Open Source" is all about the freedom of
> software developers to grab any piece of Open Source code they want,

But not to do with it whatever they want, which many complain of as
an unwarrantable restriction on their freedom.

John Cowan        http://ccil.org/~cowan   cowan at ccil.org
Lope de Vega: "It wonders me I can speak at all.  Some caitiff rogue did
rudely yerk me on the knob, wherefrom my wits still wander."
An Englishman: "Ay, a filchman to the nab betimes 'll leave a man
crank for a spell." --Harry Turtledove, Ruled Britannia