DRAFT FAQ: Free vs. Open

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 10 05:44:33 UTC 2008

Quoting Raj Mathur (raju at linux-delhi.org):

> Matter of opinion, really.

It's your opinion that the expression "FOSS" _is_ conducive to good
public relations, being readily comprehensible to the general computing
public and not an obscurely geeky concoction comprehensible only to
people who already understand two other, already quite abstract, concepts?

"Wow", is all I can really say.  (And thank you for not being on the OSI
Board.)

Personally, when I mean "free / open-source software", I'll just say
"free / open-source software", thanks.