DRAFT FAQ: Free vs. Open

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Jan 10 04:13:57 UTC 2008

Rick Moen scripsit:

> So, yes, it's "cute".  Yes, it's a compromise term, and thus inherently
> good in the eyes of many armchair observers.  Please see:
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#compromise

A version I prefer to yours as less chauvinist:

Two kids were arguing over a piece of cake.  One wanted to divide
it equally, the other insisted on having the whole thing for himself.
An adult came along and said, "Why don't you compromise?  *You* get
one-quarter, and *you* get three-quarters."

--
Take two turkeys, one goose, four               John Cowan
cabbages, but no duck, and mix them             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
together. After one taste, you'll duck          cowan at ccil.org
soup the rest of your life.
        --Groucho