DRAFT FAQ: Free vs. Open

Charlie Poole charlie at pooleconsulting.com
Wed Jan 9 23:00:57 UTC 2008

Hi Ernie,

Within the scope and level at which you are approaching this,
I think it's a pretty good shot. I think it's the right level
for this sort of thing as well.

One point that might be added is that the "free software" perspective
seems to prefer certain free licenses over others on philosophical grounds.
While folks more aligned to "open source" may have individual preferences,
there is no systematic leaning in favor of particular open source licenses.

Charlie