OSI enforcement?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jan 8 23:06:25 UTC 2008

Quoting Tzeng, Nigel H. (Nigel.Tzeng at jhuapl.edu):

> I think these statements clearly show the difference between the open source
> and free software communities and why they are indeed separate.

Those statements have rather little to do with reality, and (speaking
for myself and any number of others), it is simply incorrect to state
that the two communities are separate.  By design, the two efforts
merely are differing marketing programs for the same licensing and code
(though people on rare occasions differ on what licences qualify, both
between those two efforts and within each).

Occasional ideological posturing by sundry individuals does not a
"split"; it's just ideational and (sometimes) interpersonal soap opera
-- fanned by bored college freshmen and reporters trolling for material.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                                Bu^so^stopu min per kulero.
rick at linuxmafia.com