OSI Logo - Terms of Use

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Feb 23 20:47:35 UTC 2008

David Abrahams writes:

 > Now that Boost has an approved license, we'd like to use it on our
 > website. However, the requirement that we to link to the OSI's
 > official image instead of duplicating it is meeting with some
 > resistance on the grounds that it's a violation of privacy:
 > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/170847/focus=170850

Surely you jest!  First, someone would have to care.  Second, someone
would have to have access to OSI's weblogs.  I'm pretty sure that the
intersection between those two groups of people is zero.

Worry more about global warming (about which you should worry not at
all, because the world has a climate change cycle of about 1500 years,
plus or minus 500, and the world *should* be warming right now,) or
the sun rising in the morning.

Can we dispense with this concern with a privacy policy statement?

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software