Huh? Re: (OT) - NOT A Major Blow to Copyleft Theory

Ernest Prabhakar ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 19:22:16 UTC 2008

Hi Alexander,

On Feb 8, 2008, at 11:04 AM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>     Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106(3), the owner of a
>     particular copy or phonorecord lawfully made under this title, or
>     any person authorized by such owner, is entitled, without the
>     authority of the copyright owner, to sell or otherwise dispose
>     of the possession of that copy or phonorecord.

Um, it sure sounds to me like that user has a right to transfer *his*
copy to another person, but not to *make* copies and redistribute them.

Or are you arguing that everyone *always* has rights to make unlimited
copies of *any* software or source code they own, absent an EULA that
says otherwise?

-- Ernie P.