Open Source Newbie

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun Aug 31 07:21:42 UTC 2008

Deepak scripsit:

> 1. With so many types of license, how do i choose which one should be
> used or adapted from? Can i do this at all? How do we get an approval
> from the open source org for an approval of the license?

You should use an existing license to avoid customer confusion.  Which one
you use depends on your goals: in particular, do you want to share your
code with others who will cooperate with you, or do you want to give
your code to anyone who wants to use it?

You may find my personal wizard at http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/floss
useful.

--
Ambassador Trentino: I've said enough. I'm a man of few words.
Rufus T. Firefly: I'm a man of one word: scram!