Open Source Newbie

Deepak dee at pecats.com
Sun Aug 31 06:06:16 UTC 2008

Hello

I am a newbie to the open source initiative. Hence my questions might seem naive.

We are planning to ship out a open source offering next month.

1. With so many types of license, how do i choose which one should be used or adapted from? Can i do this at all? How do we get an approval from the open source org for an approval of the license?
http://opensource.org/licenses/category

2. What is the difference between the two web sites and the license on these websites?
www.opensource.org and http://creativecommons.org/

3. We are thinking of offering paid customer service for this offering at a later point of time.
Would it be ok for us to offer paid customer support and accept donations for running this initiative/ offering at the same time?

Thank You

Cheers
Deepak

Mail: dee at pecats.com