Licensing a python module

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Apr 24 19:13:40 UTC 2008

Ben Tilly scripsit:

> I've had a lawyer explain this one to me.  It isn't that simple.  If
> your personal work relates in no way, shape or form to the kind of
> stuff you do your job, you have a case to claim your own copyright.

"A case", yes.  But we were talking about defaults.  Until you prove
otherwise, NYS law assumes everything you create belongs to your employer.

> I just took care of the problem by moving from New York to California.

Mmmmm.  Too drastic for me.

> And New York wonders why it doesn't have many startups?

High rents probably have a lot to do with that.

--
John Cowan   cowan at ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
Original line from The Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold: