Speaking of Calling Things Open Source When They Aren't...

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Tue Apr 1 21:58:06 UTC 2008

Chris DiBona wrote:
> We'll remove them if they are playing games like this. I'll go look
> into this now.
>
> Chris

I doubt it was deliberate gaming.  More likely a mistake bred of
ignorance (i.e. they thought open source meant non-commercial, despite
overwhelming evidence to the contrary).  But I agree they're screwed if
someone wants to take them up on BSD.

Matt Flaschen

P.S. I assume the subject is a reference to OSI's minor announcement
today...  Very funny.  I admit my heart skipped a beat when I saw the
new logo.