For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License

Tobia Conforto tobia.conforto at linux.it
Thu Sep 27 18:09:32 UTC 2007

Jon Rosenberg (PBM) wrote:
> I would like to get all of your feedback on the following name
> revisions:
> * Microsoft Community License becomes Microsoft Reciprocal License
> * Microsoft Permissive License becomes Microsoft Open License

+1

I find both new names to be more clear and descriptive.

Being the "permissive" name my only real objection to these licenses,
I hope to see them approved soon.

(Notwithstanding the GPL incompatibility, which sadly seems to be a
deliberate design goal, yet still within the bounds of the OSD.)

> we commit to making changes to our Open Source and Shared Source web
> sites that will greatly reduce any confusion between Microsoft's
> various licensing programs and our use of Open Source licenses.

I feel this is important too and I congratulate on your efforts.

Tobia