For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License

Zac Bowling zac at zacbowling.com
Wed Sep 26 02:42:38 UTC 2007

Can't forget the patent license and revocation related text in Ms-PL.
That is some what novel as well.

In the end, license proliferation sucks but it seems that there are to
many forces at play to successfully stop it.

Oh well. We can just hire more lawyers to sort it all out. Not a big
deal. We can afford them with all the money we make on developing all
this wonderful F/OSS code.

Lets start a fund to pay for a bunch of lawyers to make a giant
license compatibility cross referencing grid. Maybe even work out the
logic to a wizard like system (like how turbo tax does your taxes)
that you can fill out the data on all the preexisting licenses of the
applications, code, and libraries you are going to be using and how,
and it tells you if can legally and how you should can write it to be
legal and under what terms you can release it under and how. Then
release the wizard app under Ms-CL for kicks.

Zac Bowling
http://zbowling.com/