ISC License, was: For Approval: The Simplified BSD License

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sun Sep 9 10:16:32 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> it would be convenient to evaluate them at the same time, though of
> course they would be treated separately.

At the very least it would mean they could be evaluated for redundancy
with respect to each other, as well as the exiting approved BSD
licences. My feeling is that, if they don't both get categorised as
redundant, the Simplified one will be so categorised relative to this one.

I would say the Simplified one is redundant because I belive false
claims of endorsement would be illegal even without the licence clause.
--
David Woolley