For Approval: GPLv3

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Sep 1 20:39:25 UTC 2007

Chris Travers wrote:
> First, I want to get back to this question:
>
> What exactly does it mean to remove permissions under the GPL3?  What
> are the effects of such a removal?  Really......

I imagine, taking the GPL2 plus OpenSSL case, if someone licences their
original work with additional permission that it may be linked with
OpenSSL, Someone receiving that can link it with code having only the
core GPL permissions, resulting in work that lacks the OpenSSL
permission.  They must drop the additional permission in deriving the
composite licence, otherwise the composite would not be distributable.

--
David Woolley