Blogger claiming "shared source" is approved by OSI

Bill Hilf billhilf at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 18 16:34:47 UTC 2007

Thanks Danese.

As was mentioned, the headline of this blog isn't correct.  My Portuguese is only good enough to order food or beer, but I will let some of my folks there comment on this blog to help clarify.  Or if someone wants to translate this message and post there, that works too.

It's a good opportunity to share what we are doing next related to this subject.  We are currently re-designing our web site to make the OSI approved licenses clearly delineated from all other things shared source.  We are shooting for mid-November to have this done.  Moreover, we will outline these changes to license-discuss before we publish so we can get feedback.  We said we would do this before and I want to make sure we're proactive versus reactive here.

Thanks,
Bill