Frameworx license clause 3b

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun Oct 14 18:54:27 UTC 2007

Is clause 3b of the Frameworx license really consistent with the OSD?

# Any Value-Added Services that you offer or provide, directly or
# indirectly, in relation to any Downstream Distribution shall be offered
# and provided on commercial terms that are reasonably commensurate to the
# fair market value of such Value-Added Services. In addition, the terms
# and conditions on which any such Value Added Services are so offered or
# provided shall be consistent with, and shall fully support, the intent
# and purpose of this License Agreement.

That sounds like a restraint on commercial (or non-commercial) activity.

--
Well, I have news for our current leaders       John Cowan
and the leaders of tomorrow: the Bill of        cowan at ccil.org
Rights is not a frivolous luxury, in force      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
only during times of peace and prosperity.
We don't just push it to the side when the going gets tough.  --Molly Ivins