SFLC will love the 7th Circuit

dlw danw6144 at insightbb.com
Sat Oct 13 14:15:39 UTC 2007

> 3.) [FOSS is doomed] "The number of proprietary operating systems
> is growing, not shrinking, so competition in this market continues
> quite apart from the fact that the GPL ensures the future
> availability of Linux and other Unix offshoots."

"The number of proprietary operating systems is growing. . ."

Judge Easterbrook sure got that one right. By simply querying any
software outlet for their vast selection
of proprietary operations systems aside from Linux ( to wit: Windows and
OS X) we know competition
is flourishing. No need to ever contemplate antitrust charges against
Microsoft again!

I wonder where Judge Easterbrook shops for his software. . .

Open source advocates danced in the street with the Wallace v. IBM et
al. ruling. . . utterly oblivious
to the fact that it was the best antitrust news that Microsoft had heard
in years. Thanks in part to
Easterbrook's ruling, Microsoft can now threaten open source without
worrying about the DOJ.

Sleep easy Steve and Bill there IS a tooth fairy. :-)