For Approval: BSD License, PostgreSQL Variant

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Oct 11 04:38:10 UTC 2007

Lawrence Rosen scripsit:

> John, you and I agree on the fundamental rule that licenses can't be changed
> without the unanimous consent of the authors or copyright owners. I wasn't
> suggesting that rule be revoked.

Oh?

FWIU, any owner can alter the licensing terms as long as he is responsible
to the other owners for any profits or losses as a result.  In OSS, that's
normally not an issue.

--
John Cowan       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        <cowan at ccil.org>
                Clear all so!  `Tis a Jute.... (Finnegans Wake 16.5)