For Approval: Microsoft Public License

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:21:06 UTC 2007

On 10/3/07, Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:

> 2) it's Microsoft (at what point does Microsoft overcome its history?
> To which Chris DiBona and Eric Raymond say "when it stops making that
> history.").

I thnk the larger counterquestion is, should the submitter be relevant to
the discussion?  Are we approving licenses or submitters?  For that matter
next time we get something like the GPL v4, should we argue about the merits
of the FSF as a condition to approving the license because, after all, it is
not hard to characterize them as "our most viscious competitor" either?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers