Editorial Board

Zak Greant zak at greant.com
Thu Nov 29 02:19:22 UTC 2007

Hi Chris, Greetings All,

I'd like to see what input Larry has before I head too far down this
discussion. I'm not entirely sure what he is pitching and I think that
this message mixes together what Larry and I have separately proposed.

> Also a note here:  I would highly recommend removing the "what license
> should I use" from the FAQ and replace it with "How should I choose a
> license?"  As an open source developer, I find the former question something
> which never has a generally applicable answer and the latter may actually
> help.

This will get picked up when we start triaging with the more complete
team of editors.

> Do you mind if I contact you off-list for FSF compliance lab positions on
> some of the GPL questions I have asked before?

I can't field questions of FSF policy off of the license compliance team list.

You can drop a note to the lab at licensing at fsf.org. However, we often
avoid hypothetical questions - they can be large time sinks for our
small team of volunteers and FSF staff. If there are working devs
waiting with questions that affect their ability produce Free
Software, then we serve them first (and even then, often much more
slowly than we like.)

--
Cheers!
--zak