public? Re: Call for Votes: New OSI-Editors List

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 01:16:16 UTC 2007

As an attempt to address the conflict of interest portion:

My concern about asking editors to refrain from both raising issues
and editing the same issues is that it encourages people to delegate
duties to people with similar views.  It does not eliminate conflicts
of interest but merely hides them.  I think it is better to have a
principle which states that editors are responsible for avoiding
conflicts of interest and that contentious edits should be agreed upon
by the editors group.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers