Question on OSD #5

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 03:56:40 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 7:53 PM, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:

> It doesn't explicitly say, but GPLv2 would seem to have passed Debian's
> notorious Dissident Test (http://people.debian.org/~bap/dfsg-faq.html),
> so I'd assume yes.  Note that making an anonymous, non-copyrighted
> modification is different than requiring someone remove your copyright
> statement.

Ok., then either a) requiring the copyright notices to be removed is
OK, in which case we don't have to worry or
b)  allowing me to distribute it with anonymous changelogs and a
requirement that you don't attach my name to it is OK,

In either case, provided that anonymous contributions are OK, an
appropriately structured NDA could not prevent distribution of the
code, but could be used to obfuscate its source, which is my point.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers