Question on OSD #5

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 19:17:04 UTC 2007

Just a helpful link and a snide remark about tax dollars at work ;-)

On Nov 25, 2007 9:16 AM, Smith, McCoy <mccoy.smith at intel.com> wrote:
> I'm no expert, but a summary of the relevant provisions of the BXA rules
> are cached here:
> http://cc.msnscache.com/cache.aspx?q=72374312506898&lang=en-US&w=b3ad595
> For some reason, the link on BIS's website (where normally you'd want to
> go) is down:
> http://www.bis.doc.gov/Encryption/PubAvailEncSourceCodeNofify.html  Your
> tax dollars at work.

Tax dollars at work indeed.  The link is dead because it has been moved.

If you change the entire URL to lower case, it works.
http://www.bis.doc.gov/encryption/pubavailencsourcecodenofify.html

I suppose it is close enough for government work though (as all the
links pointing to the document are wrong) ;-)

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers