Call for Votes: New OSI-Editors List

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Sun Nov 25 00:40:51 UTC 2007

Ernest Prabhakar wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> A *huge* thanks to Zak for his tireless efforts in setting up -- and
> populating -- a new OSI issue tracking system.

Agreed.  Zak has been doing a great job.

> The idea is that the osi-editors list would be composed of long-term
> license-discuss members who have demonstrated their commitment to the
> community.

I see why a new list is needed (it will be focused on meta-issues
relating to process, as opposed to actual consideration of licenses),
but am not sure limiting membership in the new list is necessary.  Also,
is this meant to have private archives?

> As an initial pool of candidates, here are several individuals who have been
> consistently helpful and active over the last couple years -- and represent
> a diverse range of  viewpoints!
>
> - Brian Behlendorf - John Cowan - Rod Dixon - Chris DiBona - Mike
> Milkinovich - Rick Moen - Simon Phipps - Allison Randall - Larry Rosen -
> Chuck Swiger - Ben Tilly - Andrew Wilson
> - Zak Greant

+1 on Brian Behlendorf, John Cowan, Chris DiBona, Rick Moen, Allison
Randall, Larry Rosen, Ben Tilly, Andrew Wilson, and Zak Greant.

Also, I would like to suggest David Woolley, Arnoud Engelfriet, Andrew
Oliver, and Dag-Erling Smorgrav for consideration.

> Many thanks!

Thank you.

Matt Flaschen