Open Source vs opensource

Paolo Ciarrocchi paolo.ciarrocchi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:47:03 UTC 2007

Hi all,
this is my first post here so I do apologize in advance if I'm raising
a question not appropriate to this mailing list. If so, please point
me the right discussion board :-)

I'm having a discussion with a local Lug member about the definition
of Open Source, we are now stuck because he started arguing about the
difference between opensource and Open Source.

Well, to be hones this is the first time I heard about a possible
difference between the Open Source and opensource. My understanding is
that he believes that opensource means "availability of source code"
while Open Source means what we all know, "availability of source
code" and an OS license.

Is it correct to state that an opensource software is different from
an Open Source one?

Thanks.
--
Paolo