Communication skills

Zak Greant zak at greant.com
Fri Nov 16 17:16:28 UTC 2007

Hi Donovan, Greetings All,

On Nov 16, 2007 8:40 AM, Donovan Hawkins <hawkins at cephira.com> wrote:

> Thus Russ did not invent the term
> as you would have us believe (or he invented it
> some time ago and
> it has become very popular).

Small note: Zac Bowling asserted this
  https://osi.osuosl.org/ticket/44#comment:3

I believe that Russ just repeated the assertion in one of the
Licensing Committee reports.

> As for what name *should* be used,  I disagree
> strongly with calling BSD variants the "N-clause
> Permissive License". Every permissive license
> could be called an N-clause permissive license
> (for suitable values of N), and no one license
> should be given such a special distinction as
> being *the* Permissive License. I would have
> a similar problem with the "Short Copyleft
> License" or the "Best Academic License".

Ticketed as https://osi.osuosl.org/ticket/50#comment:7

Note to all: Generally, I am sending private notes out when I add a
comment to an existing ticket. However, in this case, why send a
public mail and a private mail.

--
Cheers!
--zak