Communication skills

Tzeng, Nigel H. Nigel.Tzeng at jhuapl.edu
Fri Nov 16 04:11:50 UTC 2007

+1 on Simplified (2-clause) BSD license
-1 on name variants that include "FreeBSD".  That FreeBSD uses this license and this license was known by some as the FreeBSD license can be clarified in the description of the license.

Actually, I wouldn't be adverse to "3-clause Permissive License" and "2-clause Permissive License" (3PL and 2PL).  BSDs are not the only folks that might not want a competitor's name on the license they use. :)

Out of curiosity, why doesn't the OSI have a basic permissive license that has all the "best" features of various BSD and MIT variants?  Using an "OSI <n> Clause" permissive license seems neutral and reasonable.