Improving the License Approval Proces (Was: FOR APPROVAL: The license of Multics)

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 21:36:53 UTC 2007

I have posted these before, but here are my suggestions
1)  Get rid of the confidentiality of the legal analysis and have that
sent to this list as well as to the board.  If people don't want open
review, they shouldn't do it.
2)  Open board meetings to the general public so that interested
parties can watch the process.
3)  I think the OSI needs to be more involved in managing the use of
the lists.  The Open Source Program Manager might be the best person
to do this when you fill the position.

I also think that some sort of online tracker would be very helpful.

Best WIshes,
Chris Travers