What should the License Result Communication Process be?

Zak Greant zak.greant at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 20:17:02 UTC 2007

Greetings Matt, Aloha All,

On 11/14/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
> > I'm just using a customized version of Trac - you can see the rough
> > work at https://osi.osuosl.org/
>
> This looks like a very workable solution.

I've used tools like this in the past for similar issues (such as
MySQL's licensing woes some years back) and been satisfied with the
results.

> > I've been triaging some messages from the past of license-discuss as
> > sample data. Keep in mind that the sample data won't (yet) reflect the
> > actual state of things.
>
> Would tickets be generated automatically from For Approval messages?

I'm sure that this could be rigged up.

I'd rather have us working to triage requests as they come in, to
ensure that the requests get love and attention (or, lacking love, at
least attention.)

If the filing of license approval requests is automatic, the issue
tracker could become just another bit bucket. :)

> Either way, I think this is a great start.

Thanks!
--
Cheers!
--zak