Hiring Re: Communication skills

Ernest Prabhakar Ernest.Prabhakar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 17:58:36 UTC 2007

Hi all,

On Nov 1, 2007, at 7:40 PM, Lam YongXian wrote:
> I know life is hard. But I have to agree that, even though the team
> consist of volunteers, there should be some kind of efficiency. It
> is like, why volunteer when one cannot promise the commitment?
>
> Probably there should be someone designated to keep those devoted
> community members informed.

For the record I -- and others on the Board -- share the community's
concern and frustration with our poor follow-through.  We are
exploring several avenues for improvement, most notably hiring a paid
Programs Manager:

http://opensource.org/positions/Programs-Manager

If any of you would like to volunteer -- or nominate someone -- that
would probably be the biggest help in improving the situation.
Deadline is November 28th, so hopefully we'll have someone on board by
the end of the year.

Thanks!

-- Ernie P.
OSI Board Observer