Communication skills

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 18:28:47 UTC 2007

On 11/1/07, Ben Tilly <btilly at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand that it actually takes time to prepare and post minutes.
> While that would be nice, I really think that there are some "almost
> free" changes that would help a lot and do not require more time.
> Only more organization.  (And that limited to remembering when this
> list should be CCed.

Don't minutes need to be written up and posted as well (at least if
the OSI is some sort of corporate entity)?  Don't these need to be
done prior to the next board meeting anyway (so they can be approved)?
 Would it take any more time to CC a copy to the list after approval?

However, now that I think about it, there is a timing issue with the
minutes.  Obviously they would be sent here after approval by the
board, which means a gap of time before we get them and a press
release sent out.  So I retract my previous suggestion that the
release of these be tied together.  I do think that Ben's suggestions
are good however and that the list does need to be kept up to date.

I have an idea... why don't we allow additional board observers for
the sole purpose of reporting back to this list these sorts of things?
 This would make it a specific volunteer's duty who would presumably
volunteer for the job.  If nobody else is willing to do it, I would.

Best Wishes,.
Chris Travers