Patent Liability Insurance

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Tue May 15 23:10:27 UTC 2007

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> Another approach (which I intonated) would be more of a venture capital
> approach.  Those with the cash and the interest could invest it in
> promising litigation companies targeted in the right direction.

I don't believe software patents are legitimate, so I don't want
/anyone/ to make money of them.  They should be retained as a deterrent
only (until software patents are made illegal)

> Maybe that is OIN, maybe it is Red Hat Ventures...

I like OIN because they aren't trying to make money off patents, but are
developing a strong portfolio to use in self-defense to protect FOSS.

Matt Flaschen