Contributor License Agreements

Christopher D. Coppola chris.coppola at rsmart.com
Mon May 14 18:24:34 UTC 2007

Bruce,

I am part of several open source communities where we chose to use
CLA's. I can affirm there is an administrative burden associated but
I'll also say that we think it's worthwhile. Using CLA's has helped
us establish a level of rigor around IP management in our communities
that we've found to be very reassuring. Some side benefits we've
found is         that the process of acquiring CLA's, and the
education that goes into it has produced communities that have a keen
appreciation for the intellectual property aspects of our efforts.

We chose a slight derivative of the Apache CLA.

/Chris.