For Approval: Educational Community License 1.0

Christopher D. Coppola chris.coppola at rsmart.com
Mon May 7 18:54:54 UTC 2007

I understand that interpretation exists, but I also understand that
not everyone agrees with it. Relying on the "use" language leaves it
up to interpretation that seems to have generated equally reasonable
opinions on either side of the argument which makes it pretty risky
to depend on. It may be that a court would agree, it may be that a
court would disagree. It may be that it depends on the circumstances
around the contribution. This situation seems risky to me, and it
seems that being explicit has a lot of value. While it may not be as
"potentially" broad, it is clearly specified. I know what I can
reasonably count on.

/Chris.