For Approval: Common Precertification Development and Distribution License

Marc Whipple MWhipple at itsgames.com
Wed Mar 7 19:49:32 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence Rosen [mailto:lrosen at rosenlaw.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 1:39 PM
To: Marc Whipple; license-discuss at opensource.org
Subject: RE: For Approval: Common Precertification Development and
Distribution License

Marc Whipple wrote:
>> To our knowledge, such a combination of temporary restriction and
license-
>> term shifting has not been incorporated into an Open Source license
>> before.

>There's very little new under the sun. (And I don't mean the company!)
>Your business model is like that used by Aladdin...

[Marc Whipple]

Thank you. While I like to consider myself at least an honorary computer
geek, I am fairly new to the "serious" side of Open Source licensing.
Our developers - most of whom *have* been involved in it for many years
- told me that they'd never seen an approach like this in an Open Source
license. I am grateful for the input of more experienced persons.

Very truly yours,

Marc Whipple