Politics-Free Licence ;)

Simon Phipps Simon.Phipps at Sun.COM
Thu Jun 28 16:11:35 UTC 2007

I have to agree with Chris here. I appreciate the good intentions,
but unfortunately I'm not sure the results help us a wider community
of open source communities.

I also agree with McCoy. Given the freedom to do so, I would omit
"choice of venue" from licenses, even though it might make corporate
litigation a bit harder. When it comes to "choice of law" I regard
that as a "namespace" declaration helping interpretation of the
language of the license and am sympathetic towards including it, but
I've seen the misunderstandings it causes in some communities.

Neither are strictly OSD-related but I believe we've agreed we are
beyond the point where we need to be stricter about the actual canon
of licenses.

S.