when is an open source license open source?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 27 19:06:05 UTC 2007

Quoting Michael Tiemann (tiemann at opensource.org):

> Today I read a blog posting from Dana Blankenhorn
> (http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1123) that has compelled me to
> respond.  I may well be preaching to the choir on this list, but the
> blog posting I wrote in response (http://opensource.org/node/163) is a
> request for the choir to now sing as one.  If I am asking you to do
> something you do not agree with, I'm sure you'll let me know.  If you do
> agree, now is the time to be heard.  Thanks!

Michael, I brought this post immediately to the attention of _Linux
Gazette_ editor Ben Okopnik and the magazine's staff, and I believe he's
contacted you to offer material support.  We (the magazine) will
certainly be doing additional coverage of the surrounding topic, and OSI's
position will be highlighted.  (I should hasten to add that I'm
sympathetic to the problems inherent in trying to do commerce with open
source in the ASP field.)

I believe _The Register_ will also soon have some coverage.

--
Haiku are "IP";                       Permission's hereby
Keen Unixes are, too.  GNU            Granted to deal in this poem