License Committee Report for May 2007

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Jun 7 19:20:07 UTC 2007

The OSI board met yesterday, and the board accepted all
recommendations except the first.  We:

Rejected the SimPL because it intends to solve the same problem as
the GPL yet is incompatible with the GPL.  If the authors want to
revise their license so that it is GPL-compatible (as is the Artistic
License), then we will be happy to reconsider.

Approved the ECL2 and Artistic2.

Rejected the CPDDL for commercial restrictions.