OSI Board digging out of administrative hole...

Michael Tiemann tiemann at opensource.org
Fri Jul 13 16:41:36 UTC 2007

I'm sure that some of your are eagerly awaiting word about the approval
status of some pending licenses.  I am sorry to report that given the
two hours we had for the meeting, and given the priorities I gave to
certain agenda topics (public policy and membership), we did not manage
to make progress on the license-approval topics or some of the other
topics I'd indicated we could address.  The good news is that we have
two more board meetings scheduled within the next 30 days, and one of
those meetings is scheduled to run a full day (at OSCON in Portland), so
I can be reasonably sure that the board *will* act on those licenses
that are ready for approval/rejection, as well as other questions you
have asked of me and/or the board.

I apologize for what some of you may perceive as delay.  With the help
of Mark Radcliffe and DLA Piper, we have been cleaning up our minutes
since 2005 to a state where we can post them publicly.  As we do so, you
will be able to see the work that the board does do.  And as we get this
old work cleared off our desks, we'll be able to put more focus and
energy into the new issues that we need to address--membership,
governance, public policy, website content and policies, etc.  I
appreciate your patience and hope to see those of you who will be
attending OSCON when I get to Portland.